Supervisor: Facilities and Services Coordinator
Dumbarton Oaks seeks responsible individual to perform a variety of duties which include housekeeping and cleaning; event set-up, service, breakdown, and clean-up; and Museum Attendant services as scheduled. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) and an essential employee position. The schedule requires weekend and from time to time after hours work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily cleaning tasks in assigned areas. These include trash and recycling disposal, vacuuming floors, cleaning desktops and tables, dusting furniture, bookshelves and other surfaces.
- Performs all aspects of housekeeping in the guest houses and other assigned areas such as changing bed linens, towels, and washing all linens; cleaning and stocking bathrooms; vacuuming; dusting rooms, etc.
- Reports burned out lights and other maintenance items to supervisor.
- Damp mops, vacuums, or buffs floors as directed.
- Performs heavy cleaning as necessary in assigned areas or as directed by supervisor; may include washing windows, gutter cleaning, and roof top debris removal, etc.
- Polishes brass or silver as directed.
- Cleans and stocks restrooms.
- Attends galleries during museum open hours. Assists the public by providing directions to restrooms, elevators, museum shop, etc.
- Sets up and replaces furniture for symposia, colloquia, concerts, lectures, receptions, etc.
- May assist with distribution of mail.
- May assist with copy machine issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent and ability to read and speak English required. Experience in custodial, housekeeping work, cleaning and catering services within a museum, library or historic setting preferred.
Must have flexible schedule and be able to perform the physical duties of the position, including but not limited to the ability to move heavy furniture; stand for up to 3 consecutive hours during service work at events and while performing Museum Attendant duties; kneel, bend, stoop, climb, push, pull, climb a ladder and lift up to 70 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
This position is open until February 10, 2014. Eligible candidates should send their resumes at FacilitiesJobs@doaks.org
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).