Position Title: Financial Analyst
Supervisor: Director of Finance
Grade: 56, Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for budget oversight and actual transaction monitoring for various departments at Dumbarton Oaks (DO).
- Prepare quarterly fluctuation analyses, monitor Balance Sheet account reconciliations and journal entry checklist. Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data. Act as liaison between Director of Finance and various Department Heads and present key fluctuation findings.
- Perform periodic variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial data. Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Develop detailed spreadsheets to identify trends based on historical data and develop forecasts. Consolidate and analyze monthly results and budgets. Recommend improvements and changes based on the information gleaned from the analysis.
- Monitor various revenue sources and initiate A/R module setup at DO and provide detailed analyses for revenue.
- Monitor sponsored gift grants; track expenses and provide analysis to Head of Department and grantor on semiannual basis.
- Act as liaison between different entities at Harvard University (HU) and review intercompany relations with HU and DO when needed.
- Research, implement, and administer new benefits package for unionized staff.
- Reconcile cash and prepare cash receipt entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance. 2-4 years’ experience as Financial Analyst. High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, Power Point and Access. Strong data analytical skills. Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems.
Prior work experience with Oracle would be desirable.
The position remains open until August 19, 2014. Please forward résumé and cover letter detailing relevant qualifications by clicking the link below:
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).