Part-Time Facilities Assistant
Position Title: Part-Time Facilities Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Facilities
Grade: Casual position
Hours: 17 hours per week
Dumbarton Oaks seeks a part-time Facilities Assistant (17 hours/week) to assist with filing and administrative duties under the supervision of the Director of Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieve, digitize, and organize Facilities files.
- Prepare payment requisitions for approval, and create and maintain database for budget management and expense tracking.
- Create spreadsheet for all vendors and information about contacts, contractors, expiration dates, etc.
- Distribute copies of relevant documents such as certificates of insurance, executed contracts, etc. as needed to other departments.
- Copy, scan and print documents and follow through various requests with vendors, consultants and contractors to facilitate the work flow as needed.
- Play an integral role in the implementation of preventive maintenance programs for equipment PM, roof PM and building systems PM programs, working collaboratively with engineers. Gather data and enter all relevant information to create templates for the PM programs such as equipment data sheets, work recap sheets and maintenance/ repair information as well as creating files for each with relevant information such as warranties, repair history and useful life analyses. Scan and/or data enter manufacturer’s recommended preventive maintenance work information into each equipment file.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
BS or BA preferably in engineering, engineering technology, architecture, design or construction management or facilities field; or 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position is open until filled. Eligible candidates should send their resumes to HumanResources@doaks.org
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.