Part-Time Facilities Assistant
Position Title: Part-Time Facilities Assistant
Supervisor: Facilities and Services Coordinator
Grade: Casual position
Dumbarton Oaks seeks a part-time Facilities Assistant (17 hours/week) to assist with filing and administrative duties under the supervision of the Director of Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieves, digitizes, and archives Facilities files.
- Gathers and transfers and receives drawings to/from architects, designers and other consultants as needed
- Creates spreadsheet for all vendors and information about contacts, contractors, expiration dates, etc.
- Keep files and organizes construction administration related documentation such as RFI, ASI COR and budget for capital projects.
- Provides minor survey of properties and grounds for review of design accuracy for ongoing projects and creation of as built drawings.
- Distributes copies of relevant documents such as certificate of insurance, executed contracts etc. as needed to other departments.
- Collects all hard copies and electronic copies of building drawings, and construction specifications; organizes by date, type and category, such as permit set, construction set and as built drawings. Creates an archival system for record keeping. Scans all hard copies to create an electronic database of as built drawings and relevant shop drawings for use by Dumbarton Oaks staff.
- Plays an integral role in the implementation of preventive maintenance programs for equipment PM, roof PM and building systems PM programs, working collaboratively with engineers. Gathers and data enters all relevant information to create templates for the PM programs such as equipment data sheets, work recap sheets and maintenance/ repair information as well as creating files for each with relevant information such as warranties, repair history and useful life analyses. Scans and/or data enter manufacturer’s recommended preventive maintenance work information into each equipment file.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; a BS in engineering, engineering technology, architecture, design or construction management field; and minimum 2-3 years’ experience in construction and/or design fields. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is essential. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, VectorWorks, and Sketch-Up is preferred. Previous experience in Facilities is highly desirable.
This position is open until filled. Eligible candidates should send their resumes at FacilitiesJobs@doaks.org
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.