Part-Time HR Assistant
Position Title: Part-Time HR Assistant
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Hours: Part-time (17 hours per week)
Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, and administrative duties in support of the Human Resources function at Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews for open positions.
- Assist with onboarding new employees which include doing new hire paperwork.
- Assist with transport and parking benefits.
- Assist with records management, including maintaining personnel records.
- Perform general office support functions such as maintaining electronic HR calendar, making copies, keeping personnel files up to date, salary increase letters, and other important HR documents.
- Opportunity to work on small HR projects in order to ensure continuous improvement and learn from these experiences. This may include doing research, compiling and analyzing data for special personnel projects and reports.
- Act as the back-up for the HR Coordinator when needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related HR experience in a non-profit, academic, museum, or similar setting.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Able to maintain confidential, sensitive and secure information.
This position is open until April 23. Eligible candidates should send a cover letter and resume to HumanResources@doaks.org.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).