Part-Time Museum Shop Attendant
Position Title: Part-Time Museum Shop Attendant
Supervisor: Museum Shop Manager
Hours: 7 – 10 hrs /week
Pay Rate: $13 per hour
Part-time museum shop attendant position available immediately. Applicants must be able to work weekends with occasional additional backup shifts and additional hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to Museum and Garden visitors
- Conduct opening and closing shop procedures
- Regularly assess and maintain cleanliness of shop (dust shelves, organize storage)
- Manage all sales transactions
- Restock merchandise and shop supplies as necessary
- Receive and process incoming merchandise
- Field customer phone calls, questions, and requests
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented person with demonstrated skills in creative troubleshooting and a willingness to take on additional job responsibilities. The ideal candidate can make independent, informed decisions within the context of outlined shop policies and procedures. Retail experience is desired, but not necessary. Candidate must be comfortable working with computerized register and inventory system.
Occasional lifting of boxes up to 30 lbs.
Position open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter to HumanResources@doaks.org.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).