In 1810, over a century before the Blisses bought the property, Robert Beverley added a detached Orangery on the eastern side of the main house. At that time, Beverley's brother-in-law, Edward Lloyd, owned the Wye House on the eastern shore of Maryland, where an older Orangery with similar Palladian windows, built sometime between 1750 and 1770, still stands. It is believed that a later owner, Edward Linthicum, attached the Orangery to the main house in the 1860s, and also replaced its roof and planted the Ficus pumila in the northwest corner of the room. This Ficus now covers the inside walls and is festooned across each of the windows. During the winter, the Orangery is used as a greenhouse and holds a collection of gardenias, oleander, and citrus.