The Catalogue House
This octagonal building of stone, topped by two lead squirrels, was completed by 1935 and dedicated to the Blisses' friends Vernon and Charlotte Kellogg. A poem by Mrs. Kellogg is set in lead letters on the inside along the cornice.
After 1940, the Catalogue House was used to display information regarding plantings in the garden. Today it is used to exhibit historic photographs and reproductions of plates from the Library's Rare Book Collection, as well as a copy of Ernest Clegg's 1935 watercolor of the Dumbarton Oaks estate that Mildred Bliss had commissioned as a gift for her husband.