- Beatrix Farrand to General William Lassiter, December 14, 1945
- Beatrix Farrand
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Letter discussing a telephone conversation she had with Mildred Bliss regarding a house for the Director of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden. Mrs. Bliss thought that her anonymous gift had made clear that the funds would be used to increase the Director's salary and provide him a house or rental to live in. Beatrix Farrand asks for a response from the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden Board on this decision on behalf of Mildred Bliss.
Written in upper left corner in pencil: "For Mrs. Bliss."
Copy of original letter; original letter lacking in collection.
Unsigned, probably sent by Beatrix Farrand.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1945.12.14
- Work Types
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Bliss, Mildred, 1879-1969
- letters (correspondence)
- carbon copies
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Farrand, Beatrix → illnesses of → bronchitis
- Farrand, Beatrix → Santa Barbara Botanic Garden and → unable to attend Board meeting
- Lassiter, Gen. William → BF on Director's housing to
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → Director's house → arrangements for