- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, November 23, 1946
- Alternate Title
- Letter and report from Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, November 23, 1946
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Typewritten letter sending a send version of a report dated November 22, 1946 regarding the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden addressing a future plan for the garden. Beatrix Farrand asks Mildred Bliss to review it for mistakes, omissions, and errors.
Written at head of report in pencil: "Re: Santa Barbara Botanic Garden." Annotations at head of report and in margins probably by Mildred Bliss'.
On Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Santa Barbara, California official letterhead.
Typewritten by Katharine Miller on behalf of Beatrix Farrand.
Letter marked as received: [November] 25 .
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1946.11.23
- Related Items
- Work Types
- administrative reports
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- topography (attribute)
- plan (formal concept)
- designs (concepts)
- gardens (open spaces)
- parking (area)
- Arnold Arboretum
- Olmstead, Frederick Law, 1822-1903
- surveys (documents)
- land surveys
- plans (orthographic projections)
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Arnold Arboretum → Olmsted plan for
- Olmsted, Frederick Law → Arnold Arboretum design by
- parking space or area → at Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → planning for
- plants → as ephemeral parts of garden design
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → Board of Trustees → report on garden planning to
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → entrance road and parking space for → destruction of plant materials and
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → parking space or area at → planning for
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → sketch plan for
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → survey of → garden design and
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → visitors to → provisions for
- walks → in Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → design of