- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, October 23, 1944
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Discusses an enclosed Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fundraising appeal letter asking for Mildred Bliss' approval; letter is no longer with correspondence.
Beatrix Farrand's hand continues to worsen preventing her from traveling to Dumbarton Oaks to meet with Mildred Bliss.
Mentions that two copies of the Landscape Architecture article on the Dumbarton Oaks Gardens, July 1944 are being sent.
Handwritten signature in black ink, Beatrix Farrand by I.M. Stover (Isabelle M. Stover).
Typewritten letter on Beatrix Farrand's letterhead.
Letter received at Dumbarton Oaks, October 25, 1944.
Carbon copy of letter included in Collection.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1944.10.23
- Related Items
- Work Types
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Van Rensselaer, Maunsell, 1897-
- hands (animal or human components)
- travel delays
- Landscape architecture
- serials (publications)
- manuscripts (document genre)
- Dumbarton Oaks Gardens (Washington, D.C.)
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C),
- Index Terms
- Farrand, Beatrix → illnesses of → right hand neuritis
- Farrand, Beatrix, scheduling → 1944, Oct. at DO → neuritis in right hand and
- Landscape Architecture (quarterly journal) → July 1944 article on DO in → sent to MB
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → fundraising letter/pamphlet → draft sent to MB for approval