- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, September 17, 1949
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Letter comments that all the arrangements are made for Lewis L. Delafield's and Ellis Russell's visit to Reef Point, Bar Harbor, Maine. The Executive Secretary of the American Society of Landscape Architects sees the value in Reef Point gardens and feels that once more books are available, it will attract scholars. She mentions that there is "still an immense amount of cataloguing and arranging to do, but we are plugging along with it ...." Beatrix Farrand received encouragement for her efforts from a neighbor who is working to establish an educational program at Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.
It mentions Beatrix Farrand and Clementine Walter will be traveling to Canada for an eight day holiday of rest.
Written on Beatrix Farrand's letterhead and hand signed "Trix."
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1949.09.17
- Related Items
- Work Types
- Reef Point Gardens (Bar Harbor, Me.)
- Reef Point (cape)
- Delafield, Lewis L.
- Russell, Ellis
- Asticou Inn (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg, Va)
- projects (artistic concepts)
- Walter, Clementine
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- American Society of Landscape Architects → Reef Point visit by Executive Secretary of
- Colonial Williamsburg → Reef Point Gardens compared to
- Delafield, Lewis L. → Reef Point visit by → planned by
- Reef Point (Gardens) → Ex. Sec. of Am. Soc. of Landscape Architects' visit to
- Reef Point (Gardens) → library → educational value of
- Reef Point (Gardens) → Russell and Delafield's visit to → plan for
- Russell, Ellis → Reef Point visit by → planned by