- Mildred Bliss to Beatrix Farrand, May 20, 1946
- Alternate Title
- Letter from Mildred Bliss to Beatrix Farrand, May 20, 1946
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Beatrix Farrand
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Typewritten letter congratulating Beatrix Farrand on her appointment as Consulting Landscape Gardener to the Arnold Arboretum; offering to give Robert Patterson a chance as consultant for the Dumbarton Oaks Gardens; and mentioning she will write to the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden regarding the land for parking. She reports there was a luncheon meeting held in the Orangery of about 50 museum directors when it began to rain.
"Mrs Farrand" written at top in pencil.
Added notation at closing of letter in ink, possibly in Mildred Bliss' hand.
Copy of letter sent, unsigned. Original lacking in collection.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:MB 1946.05.20
- Related Items
- Work Types
- Arnold Arboretum
- Thacher, John
- Patterson, Robert W. (1905-1988)
- Dumbarton Oaks
- Dumbarton Oaks Gardens (Washington, D.C.)
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- parking (area)
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Arnold Arboretum → BF named Consulting Landscape Gardener at → MB's excitement over
- Farrand, Beatrix → named Consulting Landscape Gardener at Arnold Arboretum → MB's excitement over
- Museum Association, meeting at DO
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden → additional land for → MB to write in regard to