- Azalea inscription, north wall swimming pool
- Alternate Title
- Azalea inscription for Robert Woods Bliss, esq. at Washington, D.C.
- Beatrix Farrand
- Date Created
- Garden Area
- Swimming Pool and Loggia
Drawing unsigned, probably created by Beatrix Farrand's Office under the direction of Beatrix Farrand as part of the re-design of the Swimming Pool and Loggia.
Written in ink: See F.S.D.
Small portion of drawing missing in upper left corner.
Verse for inscription from the poem "Reprieve", written by American poet and novelist Joseph Auslander, a friend of the Blisses. Joseph Auslander was the first Poet Laureate Consultant in poetry to the Library of Congress, a position he held from 1937-1941.
Title created by cataloger from title words on drawing.
- Accession No.
- GD I-2-15
- Work Types
- architectural drawings
- 28.5 x 41.1 cm (11.2 x 16.2 inches)
- 1/2 inch = 1 foot
- black ink and graphite on paper with green colored pencil shading
- flowering shrubs
- Auslander, Joseph, 1897-1965
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- inscriptions → for wall northwest of swimming pool
- Swimming Pool. See also tennis and swimming club → inscription for wall northwest of pool