Mount Sinai, Monastery of Saint Catherine, Sin. Gr. 1186
- Appr. Date: 11th c. (11th c.)
- Genres: Geography
- Illustrations: Yes
Kosmas Indikopleustes, Christian Topography.
This is a beautiful and richly-illustrated codex. Weitzmann’s book reproduces some of the most spectacular illustrations in large, color images. (See bibliography)
Kamil 1743 (see p. 125)
Benesevic 539 (see p. 433-438)
Dumbarton Oaks owns a copy of Professor Kurt Weitzmann’s large collection of black-and-white images of Sinai manuscripts (the original set is at Princeton University). These images are available for viewing in the Image Collections and Fieldwork Archive (ICFA). Please consult the pdf linked in the internet resources to see which folios from this manuscript are included in the holdings.
- Catalogus codicum Graecorum Sinaiticorum
- Catalogue of all manuscripts in the Monastery of S[ain]t Catherine on Mount Sinai
- Opisanīe grecheskikh rukopiseĭ monastyri͡a svi͡atoĭ Ekateriny na Sinai͡e
- The Christian Topography (Vat. gr. 699) Revisited: Image, Text and Conflict in Ninth-century Byzantium
- Kosmas Indikopleustes, Christliche Topographie; textkritische Analysen, Übersetzung, Kommentar
- The Monastery of Saint Catherine at Mount Sinai : The Illuminated Greek Manuscripts