The Magazine Theatre Program

New York, New York, USA, 1918-1934 (Printer, Publisher)

The Magazine Theatre Program began in 1918 when Frank Van Strauss sold his company, the New York Theatre Program Corporation, and its publication, the Strauss Magazine Theatre Program, to his nephew, Richard M. Huber. By 1924, Huber’s company's was printing 16,000,000 playbills for over 60 theatres. In 1934-35, Huber’s company re-titled its magazines The Playbill.

The Magazine Theatre Program Title Line The Magazine Theatre Program Title Line