Robert Woods Bliss to Royall Tyler, December 3, 1927
Société des Nations
Envoyons banque Londres mille pour deux objetsSee letter of October 24, 1927 . These objects were not acquired. mentionnes votre lettre et cinq cent a compte.“We are sending the London bank two thousand for the objects mentioned in your letter and five hundred on account.” See letter of October 24, 1927 .
Robert Woods Bliss
Plaza HotelUpon arriving in Buenos Aires, the Blisses first stayed at the Plaza Hotel until they moved to their “maison sympathique” about December 20, 1927. See letter from to her Parisian secretary Thérèse Malye, December 20, 1927, Blissiana files, Malye correspondence. The nine-story Plaza Hotel, facing San Martín Plaza on Florida Street in Buenos Aires, was developed by the banker Ernesto Tornquist (1842–1908) and designed by the German architect Adolf Zucker. It opened on July 15, 1909. The Plaza Hotel was considered the finest and most modern hotel in South America at the time. The original 160 rooms and 16 suites each had central heating and telephone access and were accessible via elevators. The hotel was furnished by the London houses of Thompson and Company and Warin and Gillow.