Antigny-le-Château is a garrison-castle on twelve acres in Burgundy, near Arnay-le-Duc, in the department of the Côte d’Or. It has buildings dating from the twelfth through the eighteenth centuries. Between 1609 and 1629, part of the former garrison was rebuilt as a residence. The château retains a fourteenth- or fifteenth-century round tower and the ruins of a large twelfth- or thirteenth-century keep (donjon), the square tower of which was probably built over a Roman site. Enclosing a courtyard are the seventeenth-century manor house, a fourteenth-century chapel, and a wing that was once the garrison's barracks and infirmary and that now houses the stables and library. The property consists of twelve acres of fields, orchards, and a formal terraced garden with an eighteenth-century pigeonnier. Elisina and Royall Tyler first saw Antigny-le-Château in 1913 (see the letters of December 1, 1913, and October 22, 1916) and acquired it in 1923 for under $3,000 (see the letter of September 5, 1923). During their ownership of the château, the Tylers restored many of the buildings on the estate. Antigny-le-Château remained in the Tyler family until 2013.