Byzantine Collection, Dumbarton Oaks Museum
Early Byzantine, ca. 527–565
Silver and niello, 17.4 cm x 17.78 cm x 17.78 cm (6 7/8 in. x 7 in. x 7 in.)
This chalice had been owned by Royall Tyler, who purchased it from the Parisian dealer Joseph Brummer in 1913. Elisina Tyler and William Royall Tyler gave the chalice to the Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection in memory of Royall Tyler in 1955.
View museum record.