- Accession Number:
- BZS.1922.214.171.124 (formerly Fogg 7)
DO Seals 6 no. 10.1; Zacos–Veglery, no. 8a.
- 27 mm
- 20 mm
- 17.97 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ before her. A large cross potent with an elongated vertical shaft at left and right. Wreath border.
Dominus noster Focas perpetuus augustus.
Our lord Phokas, eternal augustus.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Solidi of Phocas and Heraclius: The Chronological Framework
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)