Justinian II (687–95)
- Accession Number:
- BZS.1955.1.4265 (formerly DO 55.1.4265)
DO Seals 6, no. 25.1; Zacos–Veglery, no. 24a.
- 26 mm
- 17.51 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ before her, with her left hand below his feet. Her left leg seems to be bent at the knee. A cross potent at left and right. No border visible.
Half-length representation of Justinian II with a short beard, wearing a crown with a cross on top and a chlamys, and holding a globus in his right hand. He wears his hair long at the sides and curled. His sidelocks at left are combed downward and outward, while those at right are combed downward and inward. A cross potent at left and right. No border visible.
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda