- Accession Number:
- BZS.1955.1.4268 (formerly DO 55.1.4268)
DO Seals 6, no. 27.2; Zacos–Veglery, no. 30b.
- 35 mm
- 36.80 g
The Mother of God standing,, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ on her left arm. A cross potent at left and right. Wreath border.
Half-length representation of Philippikos, with short beard and mustache, wearing a crown with a cross and loros, and holding a globus cruciger in his right hand and in his left a staff topped by an eagle. His hair is worn long at the sides, and his sidelocks are combed downward and curled at bottom. Circular inscription beginning at left. Wreath border.
[D(ominus) n(oster) F]ilepicus multus an(nus?).
Dominus noster Filepicus multus annus.
Our lord Philippikos, [reign] many years.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini : Rekonstruktion des Prägeaufbaues auf synoptisch-tabellarischer Grundlage