Constans II and Constantine IV (654–59)
- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.514 (formerly DO 58.106.514)
DO Seals 6, no. 20.3; Zacos–Veglery, no. 17c.
- 26 mm
- 9.57 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ before her. A cross potent at left and right.
Bust of Constans II at left. with long beard and mustache, and a smaller bust of Constantine IV beardless at right. Each wears a crown and a chlamys. A small cross in the upper field, between the two figures. Partial remains of an inscription at right. Wreath border.
[D(omini) n(ostri) Constantinus c(e)] Consta[ntin(us)].
Domini nostri Constantinus ce Constantinus.
Our lords Constans and Constantine.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.