- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.523 (formerly DO 58.106.523)
DO Seals 6 no. 12.1; Zacos–Veglery, no. 10b. Zacos–Veglery, no. 10a, is similar, but the crosses on the obverse and the emperor’s bust on the reverse are much smaller.
- 27 mm
- 19.58 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ before her. A large cross potent with an elongated vertical shaft, whose vertical and transverse shafts terminate in perpendicular elongated bars, at left and right. Wreath border.
Dominus noster Heraclius perpetuus augustus.
Our lord Herakleios, eternal augustus.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.
- Solidi of Phocas and Heraclius: The Chronological Framework