Constans II (647–51)
- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.550 (formerly DO 58.106.550)
DO Seals 6, no. 19.2; Zacos–Veglery, no. 15a.
- 25 mm
- 18.07 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ, who is framed within an oval mandorla, before her. Her left leg is bent at the knee. A cross potent at left and right. No visible border.
Constans II standing, with a short beard and long hair at the sides curling outward. He wears a crown with a cross and a chlamys, and holds a globus cruciger in his right hand. His left leg is bent at the knee. A circular inscription beginning at left. No visible border.
D(ominus) n(oster) Constantinus p(er)p(etuus) aug(ustus).
Dominus noster Constantinus perpetuus augustus.
Our lord Constans, eternal augustus.
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini : Rekonstruktion des Prägeaufbaues auf synoptisch-tabellarischer Grundlage
- Les sceaux byzantins du Médaillier Vatican
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda