- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.597 (formerly DO 58.106.597)
DO Seals 6, no. 27.1; Zacos–Veglery, no. 30a.
- 37 mm
- 29.31 g
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ on her left arm. A cross potent at left and right. Wreath border.
Half-length representation of Philippikos, with a short beard and mustache, wearing a crown with a cross and a loros, and holding a globus cruciger in his right hand and in his left a staff topped by an eagle. His hair is worn long at the sides, and his sidelocks are combed downward and curled at bottom. Circular inscription beginning at left. Wreath border.
D(ominus) n(oster) Filepicus [mul]tus an(nus?).
Dominus noster Filepicus multus annus.
Our lord Philippikos, [reign] many years.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.