Michael III, Theodora, and Thekla (842–56)
- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.605 (formerly DO 58.106.605)
DO Seals 6, no. 47.2.
- 30 mm
- More than half the seal is missing.
Cross potent on four steps. Circular inscription. Border of dots.
En on[o]mat(i) tu pat(ros) (καὶ) [tu y(io)u (καὶ) tu ag(iu) pne(umatos)].
En onomati tu patros καὶ tu yiou καὶ tu agiu pneumatos Miχaηl, Θeodora, καὶ Θecla ec Θeu basilis Romaion.
Michael, Theodora and Thekla, in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, by grace of God, basileis of the Romans.
- Byzantine Lead Seals, vol. 1
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 3, Leo III to Nicephorus III (717–1081)
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda