- Alden Hopkins to Mildred Bliss, May 3, 1959
- Alden Hopkins
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
- Lilac Circle
Letter discusses construction work for the Camellia Garden or Lilac Circle. It mentions that work will be done in accordance with Alden Hopkins's drawing #93-03 which has been approved by Mildred Bliss and Michael Rapuano. Estimate received from G. Morris Steinbraker & Sons for the work is $3620 with an additional $600-$750 needed for the revived planting.
Letter received at Dumbarton Oaks, May 6, 1959.
The estimate was enclosed with the letter.
Copies of the letter also sent to John Thacher and Michael Rapuano.
Handsigned in ink.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- F1:Hopkins 1959.05.03
- Related Items
- Work Types
- gardens (open spaces)
- G. Morris Steinbraker & Son, Inc.
- Steinbraker, G. Morris
- cap mouldings
- plans (orthographic projections)
- planting plans
- construction (assembling)
- construction drawings
- bulbs (plants)
- letters (correspondence)
- architectural drawings (visual works)
- Naples (Italy)
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Rapuano, Michael
- Washington (D.C.)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Bliss, Mildred → DO gardens and → Hopkins seeking approval for Camellia Garden installation from
- bulbs → spring → Hopkins's plan for Ellipse and
- evergreens → Hopkins's plan for Ellipse using
- Steinbraker, G. Morris → estimates of → for Camellia Garden reconstruction
- walls → Camellia Garden → cap on cutting garden wall and cap on