- Beatrix Farrand to Mildred Bliss, July 8, 1945
- Beatrix Farrand
- Mildred Barnes Bliss
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Letter discussing how she is following Max Farrand's courage, patience, intellectual distinction and true humility in coping through difficult days following his death. She feels fortunate to have had 30 years of companionship "with so great a gentleman...."
Beatrix Farrand acknowledges a letter Mildred Bliss recently sent to Clementine Walter who is also grieving following her Max Farrand's death. She reports that Reef Point Gardens has white delphiniums and azaleas blooming.
Handwritten letter with signature in ink on a folded notecard.
Letter marked as received, 10/7/45 [July 10, 1945].
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1945.07.08
- Related Items
- Work Types
- Farrand, Max, 1869-1945
- Walter, Clementine
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C.)
- Index Terms
- Farrand, Beatrix → MxF's death and → legacy for
- Farrand, Max → death of → legacy for BF
- Walter, Clementine "Clemmy" → MB letter after MxF's death to