Judd & Detweiler, Inc.

Washington, D.C., USA (Printer)
Judd & Detweiler was a printing firm established in 1868 in Washington, D.C., by John Gough Judd (1824–1895) and Frederick May Detweiler (1830–1905). They were first located at 517 7th Street, N.W. By 1883, they had moved to 420 11thStreet, N.W., when they were joined by their sons George H. Judd and Fred F. and George H. Detweiler. In 1912, the firm moved to a new printing plant at Florida Avenue and Eckington Place, N.E., called The Big Print Shop. Judd & Detweiler began printing the National Geographic magazine in 1896.
Judd and Detweiler, Inc., Credit Line Judd and Detweiler, Inc., Credit Line