Constans II and Constantine IV (654–59)
- Accession Number:
- BZS.1958.106.547 (formerly DO 58.106.547)
DO Seals 6 no. 20.5.
- 29 mm
- 14.68 g
- Chipped. Corroded on the reverse. Cast with a small hook.
The Mother of God standing, wearing a chiton and maphorion, and holding Christ before her. A long, thin cross potent at left and right. Wreath border.
- Catalogue of Byzantine Seals at Dumbarton Oaks and in the Fogg Museum of Art, Volume 6: Emperors, Patriarchs of Constantinople, Addenda
- Catalogue of the Byzantine Coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, vol. 2, Phocas to Theodosius III (602–717)
- Moneta Imperii Byzantini, 3 vols.