- Beatrix Farrand to Anne Sweeney, November 27, 1944
- Beatrix Farrand
- Anne Sweeney
- Date Written
- Garden Area
Discusses Beatrix Farrand being unable to visit Dumbarton Oaks due to Max Farrand's medical treatments and gout troubling her hand.
Mentions nature articles published on the New York Times editorial page that may be beneficial to have at Dumbarton Oaks. Beatrix Farrand asks what books are needed and suggests starting a Dumbarton Oaks scrapbook including articles and photographs if not already done.
Handwritten letter in black ink possibly by Beatrix Farrand's secretary, Clementine Walter.
Letter on Ritz-Carlton, Boston letterhead.
Title created by cataloger.
- Accession No.
- B:BF 1944.11.27
- Work Types
- Dumbarton Oaks
- New York times
- Farrand, Max, 1869-1945
- Walter, Clementine
- letters (correspondence)
- Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library, Rare Book Collection
- Dumbarton Oaks, Washington (D.C),
- Index Terms
- New York Times → nature articles on editorial pages of → possible to get reprints of?
- scrapbook of articles on DO → BF suggests Sweeney start
- Sweeney, Anne → BF visits to DO and → in fall, BF on being able to
- Sweeney, Anne → BF visits to DO and → in fall 1944
- Walter, Clementine "Clemmy" → BF's praise for